Google’s John Mueller has discussed the impact of WordPress Themes Logo on SEO. According to him, rankings are affected when one changes the theme of a WordPress website. The various details that website themes can determine are as follows:
- Content display
- Internal links
- Page load time
- Content options
- Structured data use
John further added that you should try various themes on a test website before finalizing one of them. You can also add some content from your site and note the details while keeping the above points in mind.
John also recommends that you follow some additional steps, such as:
- Check out the SEO Starter Guide.
- Ensure that the source code generated by your theme is optimized.
- Use Search Console testing tools & Google’s debugging tools to test your webpages.
Factors that can affect page speed load times:
- Need for multiple plugins
- Excessive loading of internal or external resources
You can always take certain steps to ensure that your WordPress themes do not affect your ranking,
- Selecting your website theme wisely
- Having faster load times as your main goal
- Testing themes to make sure they’re SEO-friendly
- Using Gutenberg-based editors (aka Gutenberg blocks builders)
- Remembering to block the indexing of your test website