Now here’s some really good news for hotel owners with verified Google My Business (GMB) listings. Google recently announced that they have now added support to enable hotel owners or those working with hotels to update services and amenity details in the “Hotel Attributes” section.
How this will help hotel owners
One of the major reasons for keeping hotel services and amenities details up to date in the listings is that Google pulls the hotel’s highlights from here. These highlights, in the form of bright and colorful icons, appear next to the amenities in the Place sheet. They give potential customers a quick overview of all the amenities offered by the hotel such as ‘Free Wi-Fi’, ‘Free Parking’, ‘Pet-Friendly’, etc.
Steps to add new features
- Sign in to Google My Business (using a computer, not mobile)
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you would like to make changes to
- Click on Info
- Click on ‘Edit’ next to “Hotel Attributes”
- Search for the attributes you want to add and fill in the necessary details
- Click on Save
For all those who are yet to start out
In case you are one of those hotel owners or SEO professionals who haven’t yet gotten on board with GMB for hotels, then it’s high time you get on with it. Here are 3 simple steps to start the process
- Sign Up for GMB for Hotels
- Engage With Customers
- Manage Hotel’s Details