Google wants to help out small businesses with Local SEO. They recently announced through its Google Small Business handle on twitter and Facebook that they are rolling out a brand new tool: Local Opportunity Finder.
The Idea Behind This New Development
Local Opportunity Finder is said to be designed to help small businesses understand how Local SEO can benefit them and discover how people nearby generally search for businesses like theirs. Simply put, the tool analyzes what, where and how people from a specific area are inclined to search for a particular type of business.
When a business name is entered on Local Opportunity Finder, the tool breaks down all the information necessary to improve their online presence into the following categories:
- Business Profile – A brief overview of the number of searches made per week for businesses like theirs in that region.
- Business Info – Insight to the kind of information people nearby look for when they search for such businesses.
- Posts – The ideal time to put up a post about a business based on the daily peak time when people search for businesses of the like.
- Reviews – The importance of reviews for such a business and how the company, in particular, is doing in this area.
- Photos – How important a role the photos play in Local SEO for such businesses.
- Summary – Steps that the company can take to improve its presence on Google Search and Maps.
It sure looks like Local Opportunity Finder will be a huge help for small businesses when it comes to understanding what they need to do to bring their Local SEO strategies to fruition. However, it seems that as of now, only businesses in the US have access to this new tool developed by Google.