Earlier in April this year, Google rolled out a Google My Business (GMB) feature that enables users to create short names to define their GMB listing URLs.
With these short brandable names, customers can find you better. Here’s how you can set up a ‘short name’ for your business.
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- Open the location for which you want to create a short name.
- Click on Info from the menu, then on Add profile short name
- Enter your short name (should be up to 32 characters). Names that have already been taken cannot be reused so try using new words or a combination of words that can best describe your brand.
- Click on Apply. (Your short name will show as pending for a while before it reflects on your business profile).
Final Takeaway: If your business is Google My Business verified, then go ahead and create your custom ‘short name’ without wasting any time as it could give your business the exposure it’s worth.
Follow this Guide for more information on how to use the custom short names feature and the policies and terms of service.